This Chinese New Year weekend:
I've been fed. Not just with the typical delicious fare, because that spoils, but also, with "food that endures to eternal life" (John 6:27)
I've been trained hard. Not in the gym but in the hall of COCM: "For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come." (1 Tim 4:8)
I've recognised again how precious I am to my Lord, and how useless it is for me to vainly pursue an ideal weight/shape in the name of health. From now on, this log shall really be to treasure and protect this body of mine, keep it healthy and in the goodness I was blessed to be given it with.
I've learnt the importance of contentment and "I shall not want", but only because I also know that truly "in Him we live and move and have our being" (Acts7:28), and that "His divine power has given us everything that we need for life and godliness...." (2 Peter1:3)
I've been fed. Not just with the typical delicious fare, because that spoils, but also, with "food that endures to eternal life" (John 6:27)
I've been trained hard. Not in the gym but in the hall of COCM: "For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come." (1 Tim 4:8)
I've recognised again how precious I am to my Lord, and how useless it is for me to vainly pursue an ideal weight/shape in the name of health. From now on, this log shall really be to treasure and protect this body of mine, keep it healthy and in the goodness I was blessed to be given it with.
I've learnt the importance of contentment and "I shall not want", but only because I also know that truly "in Him we live and move and have our being" (Acts7:28), and that "His divine power has given us everything that we need for life and godliness...." (2 Peter1:3)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home